Heartsaver® CPR AED
The Heartsaver® CPR AED course trains participants to give CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Who should take this course?
Heartsaver® CPR AED is geared for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
What does this course teach?
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
The Heartsaver® CPR/AED certification course takes approximately 2 hours to complete, with an additional hour of scenario-based training made available afterwards for any students who wish to attend.
Students who successfully complete the Heartsaver® CPR/AED course will receive a 2 year certification from the American Heart Association.
Heartsaver® CPR AED Course – Instructor Led: $90
Bookings are closed for this event.